I'm currently looking for a new adventure and have put this page together to let you know a little more about me, the type of organisation I'm looking for and how I might be able to help you. If you like what you see and would like to discuss further please send me a message.
A little about me
- Passionate about technology and the teams who build and run it
- 25+ years professional experiance across a variety of technologies and business sectors
- Generalist background with a focus on Unix/Linux environments at scale
- Assembled, developed and led empowered technical teams:
- Infrastructure/Solutions Architecture
- WebOps / TechOps
- Database Administration
- Network Design and Administration
- Application Support
- Datacentre Engineering
- Direct and matrix management of technical teams across multiple geographies and cultures
- Experience leading (small) web development teams
- Definition and management of multi-million £ budgets
- Management of complex technology projects
What am I seeking?
A leadership role within an empowered, determined organisation moving at pace and able to see the difference that they are making. My ideal organisation would:
- Have a heavy reliance on technology to deliver their product or service
- Have in-house engineering and operations teams or have a desire to bring them in-house
- Be experiencing, or have plans for, aggressive growth
- Posess a highly collaborative culture
- Be passionate about their mission, even if it's not fully defined yet
- Have a strong customer service ethos
- Have a tight-knit team who work hard and have fun together
Why should you consider hiring me?
I bring a wealth of experience in architecting, building and operating scalable highly available infrastructures and the teams that run them. I lead by example, promoting and fostering a highly collaborative and supportive environment where my colleagues feel both valued and challenged. I remain calm in the most challenging situations always focussing on delivering the best possible service to the business and it's customers.